Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lafayette

Well here we are......in Lafayette. It seems weird.....I already hate living in an apartment. Hearing the people next to you......knowing they can hear you......hate that. A old lady in our building is slightly frightening and we have already learned not to park anywhere near her - ha

I told myself I would move to Lafayette with an open mind. For every reason this was the best choice for us.....but I won't lie as soon as we turned onto 9 in Alexandria to leave I called my mom and I cried....only for a couple of minutes but I cried. I started to cry talking to dad but managed to control that. Alexandria is all I've ever known. Madison County is all I've ever known. Yes I went to school near Chicago but I was home every other weekend. Yes I lived in Indy for a while but it was such a terrible situation that I was home almost as often as I stayed there. 

The difference with these places and Lafayette.......I knew people in the places. I know a couple of people here. One doesn't exactly live in Lafayette and while I know these people and call them friends.....it's weird. I don't know where anything in this town is, I don't even know how to get to my own apartment. 

It was hard to move a huge house into a small apartment........


But I said I would move here with an open mind......so I am!  As much as I hate it right now......I will grow to love Lafayette, the adventures that await us, the opportunities on every corner.  I will find a job that I enjoy. We might look to buy a house here one day, I will learn to not turn down the wrong street.......but I WONT become a boilermaker (hence why this blog is in crimson)

I will hate Lafayette for a day or two.....but it will grow on me.....so will the people......I will meet friends - the McMahans will do big things. I usually hate change - today I definitely hate it - but change is good and this I know will become a very good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment