Friday, June 19, 2015

A blog all about your favorite guy!

Our sweet Rowan - I left the doctor's office not too long ago and got to hear your heartbeat once again - I get giddy every time I hear it and you get mad every time they use the wand to capture the sound - you do not like being messed with!  You are your father's child - lol.  Speaking of your father - I already wrote to you about some of the amazing men that will be a huge part of your life and there is no doubt that your daddy with be the biggest.  In two days we get to celebrate him - we celebrate his First Father's Day!  I am so excited to celebrate him - he is an amazing man!  Let me tell you about him - all about him - but understand that in this entry words will fail me to accurately and fully describe to you what your father is like.  He's beyond words - he's beyond my understanding (in many many ways) - he's more than I could imagine.

Your daddy is so caring! He is the sweetest and kindest man I know. He loves with his whole heart. I have never doubted his love for me and since we found out about you - I have never doubted his love for you.  Son, if nothing else I hope you learn you will never have to wonder if your father loves you - the answer will always be YES - in more ways and in deeper depths than you will ever know.  He will be the greatest father I just know it.

One thing you will learn as you grow is daddy doesn't work like most of your friends daddy's - they all work hard - and they all provide - but daddy's work schedule is very different.  Daddy is a train conductor and his schedule pulls him to his job whenever his phone rings.  Sometimes we will know when that is, but most of the time we won't.  It;s something mommy has somewhat adjusted to and is still working to adjust to and once you arrive we will both adjust to it together.  What I can tell you is that when daddy is not at his job - his attention will be on you.  Loving on you, teaching you, being amazed as you grow - daddy works the job he works so that we can provide for you the best kind of future.  I hope that as you grow you become so proud to have him as your father - I know I am proud to have him as my husband.

Your daddy is the funniest person I know. Rowan, don't marry someone that you can't laugh with. When rough days and dark nights come that laughter will provide light - I am so grateful your daddy was able to see me through some dark moments. His laughter is contagious - you can't help but smile when he is around.  He's such an awesome guy! I can see it years from now the two of you playing with your toys sharing knock knock jokes or any other joke you can come up with.  You both will think it's the funniest thing ever.  I hope you grow to see your dad's see sense of humor and want to be funny just like him.

Everything that I could hope for you Rowan is in the man your father is. I hope and I pray that you become just like him.  I hope you love like your father loves, I hope you're a hard worker like your daddy is, I hope you enjoy the simple days where we just lounge around the house.  I hope you have a soft spot in your heart for dogs and an appreciation for old country music.  I hope find interest in history (or you can be like mom and enjoy science more) and a LOVE for sports (preferably the Cowboys and NOT the Packers).  I hope that as you get bigger (or if you wanted to stay little I'm really ok with that) your daddy becomes your hero - I hope you strive everyday to be just like him.  I hope you mimic the things he does, try to walk in his shoes, help him with chores and do things like he does.  I hope you miss him when he is on the trains and get so excited when he comes home. I can't wait to watch the two of you playing catch in the back hard or shooting hoops. I look forward to you guys lounging on the couch -probably napping - but saying your watching the game.

Above all these things I have written - I can't wait for you to meet your daddy - he is the best around - you were hand picked just for us - but your daddy was hand picked just for you.  Your daddy already loves you more than life and is elated for you to get here.

Here's to your daddy - the man we both love!
Happy 1st Father's Day, sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment