Sunday, September 8, 2013

Update:

Once again I apologize that it's been a while......my only explanation is life is happening....and life is happening fast!

Justin and I have to survive this week of work and then we are off on vacation for a week.....just me, him and the mountains :). Two of my favorite things - my studly husband and the breathtaking mountains. We are looking forward to just the two of us, hiking, running in the mountains, eating scrumptious southern food, and celebrating us - as this is our honeymoon (5.5 months later)

The sad part of vacation is the Monday we get back I will be driving Justin to the airport and sending him off for 6 weeks in Atlanta,GA for training for his new job. I am NOT doing well with this. I know military wives go without their husbands for much longer and I respect them so much - but I honestly haven't figured out how I am going to do this. My husband is my best friend and we do so much together. Thankfully we have amazing families and wonderful friends who have offered their time occupy me.

Labor Day weekend was a lot of fun Justin and I did so much around the house. We installed and successfully hooked up a dishwasher - we painted the mudroom a lovely color that I refer to as " low-fat chocolate milk" and we purchased beautiful wood vinyl flooring for the mud room. Looking forward to working with my uncle while Justin is gone to install the flooring. 

I have many house projects planned for my husband-less weeks. Maybe I will be able to update more as right now I'm being very selfish with my time and its belonging to Justin right now. With the except of yesterday when I spent the day with my mom, sister, niece and nephew :)

Oh and we bought a 2014 Toyota corolla - it's a beautiful car!!!!

Much love
The McMahans

No comments:

Post a Comment