Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Repeat...

Have you ever had something the just weighed on your heart and mind and the more you say it (for me it's to myself) you're not sure if it becomes easier or if just become a reality.....a new "norm"??  I'm getting to the point where it's becoming easier to say, not easier to think about but easier to say. Today, I think I'm more ok than I have been in weeks. My mind is on repeat, it's getting easier to answer everyone's questions and it's getting easier to deal with the pestering of my loving family members (pestering in a good way). I can make light of the conversations. It's getting easier, in some aspects, in many aspects it's still hard and it still sucks, BUT it's not the end. One way, somehow, things will be how they are suppose to be. Today feels positive, maybe it's the spring like weather, but I like it. I like the feeling of peace, I like the repeat. The more I say it (or think it) the more at peace I feel. 

Switching gears...let me update you on Lafayette. I feel like my recent posts have almost been depressing, and thoug they have been vague they have been heartfelt. Lafayette is going well, I'm learning my way and I can safely say (and knock on wood) I haven't gotten lost in a couple of weeks :). Woot woot!!  My job is great!!!!  My co-workers are wonderful and I feel like I'm challenged everyday in learning about my job. It's awesome. I've also started looking at Masters programs (I'm crazy I know). I'm enjoying working at Purdue (never thought I would say that), being introduced to new eating places and .60 fountain pops (not nearly as good as a Rickers pop but they work)

Justin is keeping busy driving those trains ;). I'm so blessed to be married to a man who works so hard to provide for his family. He's a real winner. I hate the days he is gone but enjoy every moment when he is home. Jobs where one spouse travels can be hard on a marriage but it has made me love and appreciate him so much more than I already did. 

We are looking forward to the warm weather so we can explore Lafayette more and get Millie out so she isn't so stir crazy!!  Life is good - we are loving Lafayette and the people we are meeting

Looking forward to more good times ahead

Miss all our friends and family back "home"

Love,

The McMahans

No comments:

Post a Comment