Sunday, March 16, 2014

My best friend

Greetings friends and family!  We hope these warmer days are bringing you good cheer and you are loving the sunshine as much as we are. We've enjoyed a lot of evening walks just the two of us and our sweet pup Millie. They completely wear her out which is a win-win situation for us. We get exercise and and our crazy, energetic pup is worn out and sleeps all night :). 

I'm preparing for this weeks doctors appointment and I'm thinking through all my thoughts, my feelings, anxiety, worries, fears, etc. I wonder how I've done and then it dawns on me, my best friend, my best friend has gotten me through my most emotional and lowest moments. Obviously, my best friend is my husband. I brag about Justin ALL the time, but I have good reason to, he is a good man. A good hearted, hard working, all in, kind of guy. My mother in law did so many things right when she raised Justin. It's not always to be a woman and have troubles having a child. So many days I feel broken, because the one thing my body was created to do and my ovaries can't get their act together and do it. Sometimes I feel like I've failed justin that this isn't easy for me, that this has been a journey for us. But Justin, he doesn't see it that way. He's so encouraging, he's so supportive, he's never made me feel guilty or that I'm not good enough. Everyday on more than one occasion he has said "I love you and if we never have our own children, I will still love you. Nothing will change that. If we have to adopt I will love you and we will love that child as if it were our own". 

You have no idea what those words mean to me. Seriously you don't, this man makes me melt, he always have (well maybe not when we were in high school - lol) but since September 2011 he has been the joy my life was missing out on. He has made this "easy" er. I'm not sure how I would survive some of these moments without him. I know that whatever tomorrow brings, wherever this journey takes us, Justin will be by my side every step of the way. I will never be alone. 



- justin&heather

No comments:

Post a Comment