Sunday, August 18, 2013

True Love is Appreciative

In church today Pastor mentioned that true love is appreciative....what a great word to explain love. I've touched on this before and have probably said it a million times but my main goal in my marriage is for Justin to never doubt that I love him.....my second goal.....that Justin might  get a small glimpse into how much I appreciate him. I will never fully be able to express my appreciation for him....it's too abundant. 

I remember at my wedding shower my mother in law bawling and then hugging me as I cried thanking her for raising such a wonderful man......all by herself. You see I came from a very hurtful and broken past......some very happy moments and some of the darkest moments I never thought I would ever imagine. I was so bruised and scarred and torn, I had no self esteem and I was a mess.....a broken mess. Justin didn't care.....ok I'm not sure how to phrase that correctly because he cared......but he didn't judge me by my past....the things I went through. He loved me (and still does) because I survived....because even though I was worn and at complete rock bottom....I pushed on another day.....maybe a small part of me knew it would end with him. 

He has become my rock, my safe place and my happiness.  He has boost my self esteem, he has believed in me so much that I believe in myself again. He makes me laugh and allows me to cry when I need to. One of my co-workers said to me the other day "I'm just gonna throw this out there but I really think you love your husband."  I love it because I want everyone to know how much I love my husband. 

Tracy Byrd says it perfectly in 'Keeper of the Stars' when he says "there really are no words to show my gratitude". So true there are no words but I am so thankful to God for Justin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment