Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another step closer....

First let me apologize for any possible typos or what not (I know all my entries are filled with them) but we don't have internet set up in the new apartment yet so this update is coming from my phone. 

Justin and I are almost at our decision for an adoption agency to move forward with (I know you can do more than 1 but we want to start with 1)  I had a very productive and encouraging phone session with the executive director of a fairly new agency.....even though the are new they seemed very promising. (I'm not going to release the name until we have fully decided and made a few more steps)

Our next step, well besides officially deciding is to move forward with the home study and the first round of paperwork. Continue to pray that we will have peace as we take each day, as we take each step and as we sign each piece of paper. Pray that God will continue to guide our hearts and guide the heart of any prospective birth mother or family. 

As we are working on our home study I will also start our adoption profile. This is a quick reference guide for birth mothers to learn about Justin and I, our families and our hobbies. I've chosen to do a scrapbook for ours - I'm really excited about this (except I have to make 3 of them)  I look forward to writing a thank you note to birth moms who consider us, look forward to telling Justin and I'm story and sharing our family with prospects. 

Once again things are getting really exciting. Continue to pray for this journey...We have felt and heard all of them so far. #mcbaby is loved so much already. Don't forget bracelets are for sale. Let me know if you want one.....or some ;)  I don't mind mailing them

Love you all
The McMahan's

No comments:

Post a Comment