Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Blind Side....

Let me start this by saying just how much I've loved having Justin home so much since Thursday....his schedule has just worked out so well. We've been able to spend a lot of time discussing our future, especially our future with expanding our family. We've shared our thoughts oh treatment....although we know they will not help we still discuss them. It's been heart warming to see this side of him. 

Ok, so I am an avid Sandra Bullock fan, I think she is amazing. I don't think there is a movie of hers I don't enjoy....but my favorite?  The Blind Side (it's playing right now so it kind of triggered this post) but I love this story. How the family opens their hearts and welcomes in Big Mike, a man who needed a little love. A man whose world had been turned upside down due to a series of events beyond his control. I'm sure he felt helpless and that he was scared, it there was a family who fell in love with him and accepted him, regardless of where he came from. 

Bring yourself back to reality and not this excellent movie and come back to Justin and I's story. I'm excited to share that we are exploring the option and opportunities of adoption. It was a little scary at first as I felt I was being robbed the chance of being a mom and I'm sure I will still feel that at times, but the great thing about this is Justin and I felt the same thing. We feel like this is good for us. WE believe whole heartedly that made us individually and he made us as a couple to love and to parent.....in any way. Maybe ther are reasons that we can't fathom right now as to why we can't have our own kids and maybe part of that reason is there is a child (or one day children) our there who may have been born into so yucky situations if no one stepped. WE believe, we are those someone's. 

This is early we know, but should this be the right opportunity we know it could be a long one. We will attend an information session with a very reputable and Christian adoption agency at the end of the month. WE are so excited and in our hearts we feel God is leading us in the right direction. 

As our loved family and friends we ask....will you join us on this journey and pray FOR us and WITH US. Pray that if this is Gods will that He will continue to open doors for us, pray that the right expectant mother with love us (as much as we love each other), pray that financially things will fall together, (should this be the right route). Pray that if we continue on this journey that WE will lean on each other day, never lose sight or hope or determination. Join as we take the first step to a family. Join us in prayer and join us in celebration. We are so excited to share this experience with you. 

With so much love,
The McMahan's

No comments:

Post a Comment