Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm Sorry....

So for those of you who haven't seen...I got a new sewing machine and I'm super pumped. (Except tonight I forgot how stressful it is to thread the machine so I gave up....for tonight ha). Anyways, I decided after work today I was going to head to the craft store and get some sewing supplies. Now, I'm a Hobby Lobby girl so I usually never go anywhere else, but my co-worker told me to check out a few things at Joann Fabrics so I did.....maybe I shouldn't have.....or maybe I should have. 

So I browsed around seeing not much of interest (except big spools of thread for .99). This cute little curly haired girl...somewhere between 1 and 2 years of age kept waving and smiling just as sweet as could be. And then I spotted them....."that family"....you know the family the typical traditional very religious family (I don't know their actual denomination) but the mom had the long skirt and hair pulled back and 6 kids following her around. Typically in my mind when is see a parent with 6 kids I imply they are greedy baby hoarders (ok that is really terrible of me and I honestly don't think bad about them but hey....humor gets me through the day and I don't say it out loud just in my head). Ok back to my story....I hear the mom saying telling her children they need to behave or they won't go to the church carnival...blah blah blah it has no real importance to this story. 

Stay with me....I'm getting to the point. I get inline and strike a very pleasant conversation with the cashier. She had a hoop in her nose, bleached blonde hair with purple tips and purple drawn in eyebrows....she was unique but she was sweet, she was genuine and she was friendly. We talked and joked....and then she eyes my #mcbaby bracelet. And she asked about it.....I can't help but smile when people ask. So I told her all about our struggle and our journey to adoption and how we got #mcbaby and all of it......and then I heard it.....from behind me.....

OH - I'M SORRY!!

I turn around and to my surprise the little Christian lady with her 6 children was behind me....I smiled and politely said "excuse me?"  She stated "I over heard your story and I'm sorry". I proceeded to ask "and what exactly are you sorry for?"  

She the has the nerve to point and her now grumpy and irritated 6 children and say "I'm sorry the good Lord didn't find fit to bless you abundantly like he did our family"

Uhhhh excuse me????  Did some stranger really just say that I have not been abundantly blessed by the good Lord because if ant have my own kids??  In order to keep my composure and not say things against my Christian raising, I thanked the sweet Cheshire whose jaw was now on the ground....smiled and the insanely rude lady and left the store. 

I didn't cry although I wanted to - but I was (and might still be a little bit) in shock that someone, especially someone who lives such a lifestyle would have the nerve to say something like that. The good Lord has blessed me abundantly.....in ways I don't even know yet. But I know I am blessed, always have been and always will be......this adoption is just the beginning

So lady with 6 children....I am sorry.....I'm sorry that you think the only way a woman is blessed is by how many children The Lord allows your body to birth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment