Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day

My sweet chosen child,

It's the eve of Mother's Day and all Incan think about is you. Physically I'm not a mom yet....but in my heart I am a mom...I am your mom, and you....you are my child. My hoped for, prayed for, wished for and chosen child. You are loved more than my words will ever be able to tell you. You  are so special. 

Very few things these days bring me as much joy as knowing that we have already been selected for each other. I can't wait to be your mom or to hear you call me "mommy".  I can't wait to feel your little arms around my neck as you embrace in the tightest hug your little arms can manage, I can't wait to feel your sweet kisses on my cheek or to hear your innocent prayers each night at bed. I can't wait to hold you. 

I can't wait to see your relationship bloom with your Nana, my mom, who I promise to try and be so much like. You are going to love your Nana and all the special moments you will share with her and the way she will teach you how to bake. Your Mamaw, your daddy's mom, she will fill you with so much advice. You will have a special love shared with you two. You also have two awesome aunts, who have already given you 3 AWESOME cousins. You will love your aunts so much because we all know aunts are a little cooler than mommy (although your mommy is pretty awesome). You will have so much fun loving on your Aunt Cindy and your Aunt Brittany and I can only imagine the relationship you will have with each of them. 

You see my sweet child, so many mommies have instilled in me the skills and knowledge I need to raise you in the best way possible.  As your mommy all I hope is that one day you see that I tried my hardest to love you unconditionally and to prepare you for your life ahead. 

My sweet chosen one, I can't wait to celebrate my first Mother's Day with you, to receive your homemade gifts with prints of your little hands and feet. They will be the most beautiful artwork I've ever seen. I know this already. Though I've never seen you or felt you, being your mommy is the greatest gift I will ever receive. And your birth mommy, she is the strongest lady I have ever known.  She made a big decision and chose me for you. She is a great mommy. 

You my sweet child are the greatest blessing I will ever receive, I look forward to the moment when we first meet, when I first become a Mom. Until that day know that you are prayed for and loved by more people than you will ever be able to count. 

I love you my chosen child,
  Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment