Thursday, May 29, 2014

No rest for the weary.....

I feel like this is the silliest title....but on a rough Thursday morning it sounded good.

I've finally hit the point of the adoption where I'm kind of worn out....I know, I know, we've only just started, but it's tiring.  Every move you make you have to think about the future, every swipe of the debit card wondering if you should spend the extra money.  My mind seriously has spun in circles so fast that I've worn myself out.....plus my husband is currently in Chicago for work so that never helps me sleep well.

But on a brighter side I have another phone "interview" type thing with another adoption place on Friday.....trying to get all our options before we decide on anything......this is a HUGE deal and I want to make sure we make the right decisions.  It's been so comforting to have so many people loving us and supporting us.....actually it's almost overwhelming - but in a very very good way :)

I'm meeting lots of new people through this journey and my days and emotions are ALL over the place, but I am not alone - that is for darn sure.  But back to my title....I am tired - very tired. I'm always afraid that this is not going to happen - that we won't be able to raise the funds to adopt -that we won't be matched with a birth mom - that a birth mom won't choose us.....oh the stresses are endless.

But 2 Corinthians 12:9 reminds me But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."    I am weak....very weak and tired - but my God is so much bigger than any doubt or fear I will ever have.  

This is going to happen - one way or another - God has a child for us and we will be the BEST darn parents we can be......I just wish that was tomorrow

Please say a prayer for my grandfather - he is facing some health issues right now and it's hard being a couple hours away.

Sorry the update wasn't much - but it's something.....I promise I will get back on the blogging track.

Love you all,

Justin and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment